- January 12, 2018
“Be it redevelopment or non-redevelopment project, we believe and deliver Amol Ravetkar, the Founder & Managing Director of the Ravetkar Group decided to let us in, on his world of Redevelopment! Mr.Ravetkar, an engineer by education, made quite a wise decision to follow and support his father in the field of construction.
Here’s a peek in to the rather informative conversation.
1. As you know, this website is a platform for residents to get updates and other necessary information about companies in real estate. In that case, how would you like to introduce ‘The Ravetkar Group’ to them?
The construction background for Ravetkar Group was laid way back in 1974 by my father Mr. Ajit Ravetkar. There on I formed this firm, and over the years,Ravetkar Group has covered over 10 lakh sq.ft area in construction, in and around Pune. Furthermore, since 2010, we have driven ourselves to dedicatedly focus on ‘redevelopment’ with quite a few projects in hand at varied locations of Pune.
2. What was your very first redevelopment project?
It was in the year 2010, Laxmi Narayan Towers. This was a huge slum redevelopment scheme, under which we delivered 121 flats to the residents, free of cost.
3. What would you say is Ravetkar Groups differentiating USP?
We do not differentiate amongst our projects. Be it redevelopment or non-redevelopment scheme, we believe and deliver genuine amenities/specifications to both. Luxury is something that should not be limited to one class. If possible, why not let others enjoy it too! No bias!
4. Which locations as per your knowledge are unexplored in redevelopment?
I think Aundh and Koregaon Park are two locations that have no redevelopment scenes in the circuit as of now.
5. There recently was a Bhoomi Poojan of one of your projects at Dahanukar Colony?
Yes, on 1st June 2013 ‘Om Brahma’ a luxurious project with 2, 3, 3.5 BHK Apartments had its Bhoomi Poojan. The specialty of this 3 side-open-wall project is definitely its central location and calm lush nature!
6. What is the Plan of Action for Ravetkar Group in the coming year?
Our on-going and upcoming projects will be our priority. Rahul Vihar at Dahanukar Colony that is nearing completion and Om Brahma as I mentioned and a few others. Their timely and quality delivery is our hind motive. We wish to capture new heights in redevelopment, but that our work will speak of.
7. Any other redevelopment projects in the offing, that you would like to mention?
Poornima Society Off Shankerseth Road, Tulips on Bhandarkar Road, 2 at Dahanukar Colony, 1 each at Mayur Colony, Sahakar Nagar & Prabhat Road. In case anyone needs more info on these projects, it will be updated on the website sooner.
8. What is your approach on redevelopment?
It’s a well-aware notion that Pune city is crunching for space. With migrants pouring into this educational and growing IT hub, there is a clear necessity for land. Moreover, people living in the Peth areas, as I have noticed, will not budge due to the valuable location. Therefore, it is best to create their dream home, in a location they prefer, with upgraded amenities and luxurious specifications.
9. What do you think are the key problems in this rapidly growing sector of redevelopment?
Three most identifiable issues in this sector are the sanctioning of projects from the PMC, which is in need of a uniform policy too; second would be the consensus of all members of a society, and most common is the lack of proper documentation. While some things are not in our hands, the residents need to be well informed on the list of documents and avoid the delay in procedure.